Friday, April 15, 2005

All in a Day's Work

Spent an entire day hunting down people to sign my ORD clearance, but to no avail. The Quartermaster Platoon was on cohesion programme, and those that remained in BHQ were newbies who claimed incompetence to clear me. Bah, I guess I'll have to go back mid-week the next time round.

I dined with Guo Chuan and Terence at Lot1's Let's Eat Restaurant. The plate of chicken fried rice and fried baby squids was washed down with a bowl of delightfully sinful Thai Red Ruby and equally rich Thai Tapioca. On a whole, it was a rather enjoyable meal.

I can sense stress and tension building up within my understudy... Well, I guess he'll have to delegate some of his worries to his new understudy.

I had a rather wonderful ride back to Ang Mo Kio this evening, coupled with the fact that the train I was on terminated at Ang Mo Kio (How wonderful). This meant that there were fewer passengers on board, and for the first time in quite a while, I was able to find a seat on the MRT (Main track).

Will be out of town for the weekend.

A Penny for my Thoughts? I'll give you my Two Cents worth:

Me:
... a business plan sprung up in my mind when I was on the bus home...

It can make you 30-40 bucks an hour, after costs and administrative charges. Haha... It's basically a Mobile Wellness Centre, or MobileSpa (Read: Masseurs). First, you need to read up on the topic of Massage, and learn the fine art of massaging...Then you basically have to experiment with oils (can use fresh ingedients from the supermarket; cheaper but still highly effective) and armonas.

Spend some time researching on the effects of various fruits and vegetables... and create a unique "blend"...


Someone:
okie..BUT..do u think ppl r receptive to the idea.

Me:
Hey, Wellness Centres are springing up everywhere.

Someone:
1.ppl prefer woman
2.ppl might prefer to go to spa themselves rather then their home

Me:
1. I beg to differ. Men masseurs have been known to be more through than their female counterparts at the art of acupressure massage.

2. You create an affordable Spa right in the home of the client. Not-so-well-to-do Tai Tais no longer have to live in envy of their richer counterparts. If you need a female masseur, one can be hired. Just send her through an intensive course and send her to work for a third of the charge, which is on average, one buck a minute

Someone:
but i still think e idea not viable enough

Me:
Well, you have to think of the middle- and lower- income groups. It's a social responsibility...

Someone:
but u ve to factor in e part abt assuring ppl it's safe to do it at home.. cos there's always ppl who r wary abt it

Me:
Haha... as I said, it was just an idea, probably has many holes here and there, but it popped to mind... (I had seen an ad earlier in the day)

That's one factor to consider.

Are you for or against the idea of a Mobile Wellness Centre in Singapore? Post your comments!

3 comments:

Agagooga said...

There already are mobile wellness centres. I saw a sign for one by the Blind or something.

And half of massage centres are covers for sex, I'm told :0

chr said...

having done business plans before, Here's a fair warning: If you get it all down on paper before starting, you may be able to get external funding, having thought out a lot of it before. Yes, there are risks, but the main trick is to make it foolproof. At the very least, mark out the infamous SWOT analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Oppourtunities, Threats, as well as an estimated financial plan, which show how feasible the idea is in making money.

Swee Shoon said...

Azrael: Okay, thanks for the advice.

Agagooga: I know... there are several centres near Funan: the IT Mall. I recently went down to People's Park Centre and was approached by seductively-dressed women asking if I wanted an 'an mo' (massage)...