Thursday, June 02, 2005

All in a Day's Work

World Book Fair Businessweek Saga

I recieved a call regarding my Businessweek subscription, in which I had complained of a discrepancy of nearly fifty dollars as compared to what I had paid previously. I brought proof down to them of my prior subscription price and the manager was speechless. Or at least she was not able to provide an encouraging answer, so I decided to go back to my original vendor, and after some deliberation with his boss, gave me the subscription rate at the promotional rate that was still on-going.

That was when the manager did an about-turn, and counter-offered me the same rate, which resulted in some friction between the two neighbouring firms. By default, the second company has to give in to the first one who signs up a subscriber, but heh... the final twist was about to be unleashed.

At the decisive moment, I told both parties that I would continue my subscription with BOTH firms, for a total of THREE (3) years each, with the current subscription terminating in 2006.

Looks like I'll be getting Businessweek until 2012. Someone exclaimed that I was their longest subscriber. Ever. :)

A Penny for your Thoughts? I'll Give You My Two Cents Worth

No more bunks. Just rooms.
No more book-outs. Just check-outs.
No more regimentation. Just self discipline.
No more Company, Platoon, Section. Just Group, Company (As in the business sense) and Department.

And for the first time since enlistment, we (Yes, my dear 02/03 42nd PTP Enhanced Intake) can finally whisper... "ORD loh!"

No comments: