Monday, June 13, 2005

All in a Day's Work

Over lunch at Funan the IT Mall with Yao Shun, I chanced upon a surprising find. Within a five minute period, I spotted eight Uniformed Army Personnel (UAP) lingering around the mall and food court. And they were, naturally, commander level. In fact, I was taken aback when I first realized that there were so many UAPs in the Mall.

"Is this Funan City Camp?" I even asked aloud.

To which, Yao Shun told me that there were even more (UAPs) over at the other side of the Food Court.

We then trotted down to Bras Basah to take a look at the cheap novels and assessment books there. I managed to unravel three old issues of INQUEST at Knowledge Book Store, which were going for fifty cents a pop. Cheap! There's also a corner shop (I can't remember which one) which sells novels at a clearance price of one buck. Yes, uno shiny buckeroo! Heh, which was why I bought fifteen myself (Haha, Yup, you've heard it right). :P

After I was done with my shopping spree, Yao Shun spoke of 'LaLa' (Shells) at Bugis Hawker Centre, which we HAD to try, so off we went, stopping by Shaw Tower to try out the much talked-about Rotiboy bun, which turned out to be less 'coffee-y' than I had anticipated, but with the crispy yet melts-in-your-mouth texture that I expected.

It turned out that the stall at the Hawker Centre was closed, so we decided to dine at V8 Movie Cafe instead. The ambience there is rather soft, but the more homely environment also makes it a noise trap. With mains going for just under ten bucks, I might dine there again in future. I'd just have to bear with the uninteresting(considering the fact that it wasn't a blockbuster in any sense) silent(probably the noisy environment has to take a share of the blame as well?) movies that will be aired.


Fresh Off the 'Net

Click here to see my piggy!


You drew the pig:

Toward the top of the paper, you are positive and optimistic.
Toward the middle, you are a realist.
Toward the bottom, you are pessimistic, and have a tendency to behave negatively.

Facing left, you believe in tradition, are friendly, and remember dates (birthdays, etc.)
Facing right, you are innovative and active, but don't have a strong sense of family, nor do you remember dates
Facing front, you are direct, enjoy playing devil's advocate and neither fear nor avoid discussions.

With many details, you are analytical, cautious, and distrustful.
With few details, you are emotional and naive, they care little for details and are a risk-taker.

With less than 4 legs, they are insecure or are living through a period of major change.
With 4 legs showing, they are secure, stubborn, and stick to their ideals.

The password for the Main Gallery and Top Oinkers Gallery is "oink"

No comments: