Tuesday, June 21, 2005

All in a Day's Work

Finally found time to return to Gedong to Collect my IC. My last signature (on my clearance form) was this QM guy who was on MA (Medical Appointment) last Thursday as well as today. He was supposed to return back to camp after his MA (I was waiting at the Logistics Branch, waiting to pounce upon him... :P). In the end, I got his boss to sign it. Oh well...

There's a new Chief Clerk (who seems rather nice) and a new S3, whom I heard will be getting his crab soon.

All that waiting in vain, which was why I was late for my appointment with Loren and Jian Ming at SAFRA Mount Faber. Apparently, the medics at Nee Soon Camp also chose the same day (and time) to host some function (CoC or something) at SAFRA Mount Faber.

After a dip at the pool, we headed for the famous (according to Loren and Jian Ming anyway) Laksa stall next to CMPB. As luck might have it, the whole row of shops had closed down; the housing blocks probably slated for demolition. Instead, we went to Tiong Bahru Hawker Centre, where I tried the Yee Mian (which wasn't too bad) and Soya Beancurd with Ginko Nuts (which didn't quite complement each other, one being too sweet and the other, too bitter).

No comments: