Monday, June 27, 2005

All in a Day's Work

Went back to SRJC with Jian Ming. I submitted my group's proposal to Mrs Kok, which was given the go ahead. Whee! We searched high and low for Miss Karen Ong, but couldn't seem to locate her. Oh well...

On a side note, the Drinks stall at the canteen now sells dessert. I tried the Ice Kachang, which wasn't too bad, but the ice was not finely shaved, creating a very 'rough' finish to the dessert. The new cafe beside Lecture Theatre 5 also sells reasonably priced food: More expensive than the canteen, no doubt, but drinks here cost at least half that of a cafe at Heartland Mall.

After the short visit ("Hui2 jia1 xiang1", or return to one's hometown, in Mr Philip Tan's own words), I made my way to Choa Chu Kang for my next appointment with my former campmates, including He-Who-Insisted-On-Not-Being-Named-On-My-Blog.

As I was early, I popped by World of JJ, and noticed, for the first time, that they were selling Magic:the Gathering (R) common cards for 10 cents apiece, which makes it cheaper than if I were to get it at Yishun. Hurrah! I might be going down to the Bishan branch to take a look once renovation works in the area is done.

Okay, so on to the Movie. Screening today was Initial D, which I must admit is not a very good movie. The over-emphasis on the racing scenes (There were at least four rather long racing scenes!) leaves a very much diluted storyline.

" As they are Hong Kongers adapting one of Japan's most successful comic series, there is even greater pressure on Mak and fellow director Andrew Lau. Since its launch in 1995, Initial D has sold more than 39 million copies, spawned 39 episodes of anime (Japanese animation), 23 novels and even a PS2 game. " Source: Channel Newsasia

Theme / Relevance 16%
Content / Storyline 10% (The plot was dampened by the races)
Acting / Cast 17% (There's Jay Chou, so...)
Sound / Special Effects 10% (Too much screeching of car tyres and vomiting)
Bonus / Pleasant Surprises 13%

Salvation comes in the form of the letter 'Jay': 66%

No comments: