Saturday, July 09, 2005

All in a Day's Work

Something about the Kodak Shop near my place. After shifting from their old location when Fairprice took over, I noticed that the quality of service has gone down the drain. It is no longer so personalised a service, and the staff have become more cocky [Ed: I shall call them TCS for The Cocky Staff].

First hint of cockiness: This is the first time at the outlet that I have been asked to operate the photocopy machine myself. And this was with an attitude "You can operate the photocopy machine yourself, you know? Self Service."(Translated from mandarin) Never mind that. The machine was set to a certain A4 mode, so I simply placed my book on the copier and pressed 'copy'. To my horror, the page came out distorted (It copied two thirds of one page and a quarter of the other). This was when TCS came over and told me sternly, that "This is the wrong mode!" Oh, right... as if I was trained in the use of the photocopy machine. Besides, TCS did not do a check prior to allowing me to photocopy my stuff.

Anyway, when it was time to pay up, TCS told me that each copy was 10 cents, which is an outrageous price to pay for a normal B&W photocopy. Even the Fujifilm outlet at the other end of Serangoon Central offers 'ROYAL WHITE' paper printing at the same price. And she said the price was "clearly stated outside (On the glass panel)" when I reeled in shock. In bewilderment, I went to take a look at the price for myself, and lo and behold, there was no mention of the B&W photocopying cost!

Oh well, a bad experience is a bad experience. 'Nuff said.

-----------

On a side note, we sent Sean off at the airport today. He's leaving for ANU where he'll spend the next three to four years stuffing himself with Fish N Chips and OZ culture. G'luck, matey! So our class was out in force (The largest group outing I have seen in YEARS! Caleb, Ivan, Shih Ling, Rui Yi, Xue Lun, Cindy and May May turned up to send our dear Sean off.)

No comments: