Tuesday, May 03, 2005

All in a Day's Work

On the attitude of the service staff at a Subway outlet

Excerpts of my letter addressed to the Manager at the outlet, to which I am still awaiting a timely reply:

"...with a look of dissatisfaction, (he) threw the knife on the wooden board... I am disappointed by the service standard of Subway, and although Subway might serve the World’s Best Sandwich, it still has a long way ahead in terms of providing the World’s Best Customer Service. The unfortunate incident (was) my worst experience at a Fast Food Chain to date..."

Which sums up my first (and probably last) visit to Subway in a very long time to come. I was snubbed by a service staff, who showed me his 'attitude' in more than one way. A more heartening example of things to come (For the Pessimist in you) is highlighted below.

On the Zoological Gardens

Admission, while costly at $14, is certainly worthwhile. Judging from the quantity of food that feeds a single animal each day, the steep admission (We are not used to paying so much for entry...) does not come as a surprise to me.

A nifty addition to the zoo since my last visit has to be that of little 'Air-con huts' that can easily accomodate 30 visitors. The zoo's staff were friendly and professional in handling our queries, to which I must applaud. Now, that's what I can call uniquely Singapore - Good (but hopefully not a shrinking) Service Staff!

On Chompang Nasi Lemak

Recommended order:

Coconut Rice
Ikan Bilis
Fried egg
Fried fish (I changed my order to fishcake, which was more convenient to eat)
Fried Chicken Wing (According to sources, it is a must-have item)

At $2.50 to $3.00, it is reasonable and of a generally acceptable quality. No rave comments though, simply a 'Not Bad'.

On Bugis Junction

Absolute Comics on Level 3 offers an incredible range of comics, including the less established names in anime.

The amusement arcade at the basement floor is apparently one of the favourite haunts of 'expert-level' gamers, and is very unwelcoming to novices, as can be seen by the marked difference in the AI. If you don't know or use infinite combos, then this place is not for you. 'Nuff said.

Did you know?

Happy Tree Friends, a seemingly harmless cartoon, is in fact not meant for children. It contains violence of a 'socially unacceptable' level, including the decapitation of the cute characters in nearly every episode. I guess it is on the same level as South Park and its use of foul language.

No comments: