Sunday, May 09, 2004

Hey, after a week's absence, I'm back!

The past week was horrendously tedious for me. Lots of paperwork to sort out, since the mess that was done in two-odd weeks had to be identified before they could be rectified.

On Monday, there was a Parade, and an astonishing number of troopers fell out. My only observation on the parade is that only the genuine cases should be attended to; ie. only troopers who collapse, period.

On Tuesday, I went for a dental check-up at TAB. The staff there were pretty nice; very much unlike what several others have informed me. The tortue-chair was not exactly comfortable, but it was still a 'can-do'. My only complaint was that I had to keep my mouth open for almost ten minutes.

From next week onwards, until someone intervenes and sets things in order again, we've been booted from our current dining location. I guess they decided to take advantage of the fact that we're in a period of 'lawlessness'.

Yesterday, we went to Sentosa for Armour Family Day. We reached the island at 1445, but were told to pay one dollar for a bus ride, which we were really compelled to take, since a construction worker forbade us to cross the landmark bridge on foot. There were many games at the carnival, which seemed impossible to win, with the exception of the fishing game. A perfect score was required for most of the games, such as getting 3 hole-in-ones out of three for golf. Nevertheless, Zhenhao and I managed to get a free photoshoot at one of the booths.

Later in the day, I played a stage game and managed to win with the support of the P Coy recruits, although I was probably the most pathetic contestant.

Makan was a packaged set meal, hardly different from what we're having in camp. Coconut rice, 2 pieces of ngoh hiam, an entire chicken wing and a rather acceptable cabbage dish.

I stayed on waiting for a friend of mine, who failed to show up in the end.

The Foam party was somewhat of a disappointment. There were two 'models' occupying the centrestage, but apart from them, there were no female participants, so I guess the troopers could only drag, and on one occasion, haul their fellow platoonmates into the foray, squealing and screaming all the way.

I was offered a ride home from a certain someone, which I'm extremely grateful for. He's working in the entertainment industry, and has an interesting hobby, which is enterprising, to say the least. A good communicator, he is able to engage in a lasting and fruitful conversation. In addition, he has a very simple philosophy, which is akin to 'If you want to do something, do not hesitate, for a golden opportunity comes and goes as swiftly as a passing shower.'

Went out for some recreation with Loren and Jian Ming today. We later popped by Hougang Mall and Serangoon Gardens, where we saw Chew Chor Meng there, in his simple everyday clothes, selling snacks on sticks. Well, at least he returned a friendly smile to me...

Okay, I'll be preparing for my monthly report next week, so I'll be pretty busy then.

Till next time...

No comments: