Friday, April 30, 2004

Notes of comparison:

Our neighbour's National Service is only 3 months long, and does not inculcate weapon training in its curiculumn. Ours is 24 to 30 months long, trains us in the use of dangerous weapons, and yet both meet their objective of creativng social cohesion among the races.

First, it's Nicoll Highway; Now, it's a construction site. Both sites caved in due to a weak infrastructure. Are contracters stingying on their materials?

Train operator SMRT decides no fare hike this year
A good thing too, since "SMRT earned S$89.5 million in the year ended March 31, up from S$72.1 million in the previous fiscal year."
Is the consumer's doller well spent on upgrading the infrastructure and facilities provided by SMRT?

Attended the PRIDE(Quoted from a certain ATC medic:"People rest, I do everything") day exhibition. What initially was a mundane celebrations soon became a meeting of sorts, as I met many of my former platoonmates, schoolmates and even my buddy.

Most of my former platoonmates, having been commissioned, are now at BMTC. A Secondaryschool mate is a clerk, another is a signal spec, my JCmate is going through Spec II, and I managed to catch a glimpse of my camp's future specs.

Well, on a lighter note, here's wishing you a Happy Labour Day!

No comments: