Monday, September 13, 2004

Okay, after two weeks of absence, I've finally found time to blog in the past fortnight's events:

Saw Loren, Zi Rong and Jian Ming at COMEX on Saturday night, as well as Kah Sin, Wei Ann, Yao Shun and Wei Zhang.

Met up with Loren, Zi Rong and Jian Ming for bowling at Safra Tampines on Sunday, but ended up LAN gaming with JM while the rest went for a game of pool. Point to note: There's a sauna and jacuzzi there.

On 010904, I was at Kranji Camp for my dental filling. It was basically a reunion of old friend, for I met up with Ming Hui, Beng Leong and Wei Xiang. Pasir Laba's Medical Centre is amazingly modern, and is comparable to most government hospitals today. Being early, we trotted off to the canteen, where I tried their signature wan ton noodles and Iced Milo.

A familiar voice called out my name, and turning around, I saw Fish... Um, Lieutenant Fish, that is... He's now at 21 SA. We were soon joined by Ulric, who's in the training and planning wing (Artillery).

030904 to 070904 Army Open House. Was more like Armour Open House though, since my brigade organised the whole event, and my unit was responsible for a third of all exhibits. Thousands of mosquitoes feasted upon us as we covered the Live Firing at Area A (The Safari Ride).

070904 Army Family Day. We were allowed to take a walk around the exhibits. Went to SAFTI MI with Sgt Melvin to view the static displays. Saw Yuan Ern there, in Civis. He said it was his day off...

Intended to try out the Light Strike Vehicle Joyride, but due to time constraints, did not manage to go for it.

Also met a certain Eric from the same Junior College as me. S08. What a small world we reside in. Speaking of which, I also saw one of the guards fellas the following night at CCK's Lot 1. With his girldfriend. I supposed they were on off the following two days.

5 Day work week has been implemented! However, this just means that for the regulars, they no longer need to cook up an excuse for not being present on a Saturday morning. For us NSFs, it means shorter work hours. Where I was once working till 9pm, I can now look forward to 6pm work days, since the directives dictate that we should work from 8 to 6 on all days except Friday (Till 5.30pm).

AHM updates:
Run @ Gedong (Towards Scouts Camp) 080904
10km - 51:15min

Run @ East Coast 110904
14km - 1:19:35

Tried the dinner buffet @ Hotel Negara on 100904 and Hotel Phoenix on 110904. The former was more restricted in variety, but proved itself well with its smooth Laksa and sushi. The latter performed well in the Prawns (which my dad claimed were 'very fresh') and Tempura (Including Soft Shelled Crabs) departments, though the signature prata dish was not as good as I'd anticipated. Oh, and the durian cake was rich and creamy, full of fleshy durains! Yumm....

On off today.

No comments: